Defining a trigger means selecting a trigger already created or creating a new one. A trigger is made of one or more triggering conditions based on information linked to the session or the present moment. Triggers are split between the following categories: Devices, Visitors, Source&pages, Recurrence, Browser, Expert, and Other.
As for the segments, you can address your tests to visitors who have bought a particular type of product or who have used a specific method of payment. For that example, you must install the transaction tag.
Accessing and configuring the trigger
To access the E-commerce trigger, apply the following steps:
- In the Targeting step of your campaign, click How to trigger the test / subtest / scenario.
- Select create new trigger from the drop-down list. An overlay appears.
- In the "Other" section, select E-commerce and drag and drop it in the middle section.
- Enter the variable and value of your choice.
- Click save to be able to use your trigger for future campaign, or use without saving to use it just for this campaign.