The Session recording functionality enables you to save your visitors’ actions on your website in video format. This helps you understand their behavior on your website and identify users’ sticking points and browsing issues based on real-life situations.
Several tools are available to provide easier access to the videos you are interested in:
- shortcuts to specific videos,
- filters on specific information related to your videos,
- the option to sort your videos.
To access the videos, click View recordings: a new tab opens with the list of recorded sessions.
Accessing the most important actions
From the list of recorded sessions, two shortcuts enable you to play the video in which the following action or behavior was detected:
- Highest transaction
- Latest frustration
Once you’ve chosen the video you want to watch, click Watch: the reader opens and the video starts automatically.
For more information, refer to Viewing a session recording.
The videos are selected automatically. You cannot choose which videos are assigned the ‘highest transaction’ or ‘highest level of frustration’ status.
Videos can be bookmarked.
To do this,
- Click the bookmark icon in front of the videos you want to save for later.
- In the bar above the list of recorded sessions, click to display the bookmarked videos.
- Click again to disable bookmarks and return to the default list.
Deleting a bookmark
To remove a video from the list of bookmarks, click the bookmark icon in front of the video.
There are four types of filters above the list of videos. By default, all criteria are applied in order to display all available videos.
The following criteria are available:
|Device used by the visitor (desktop computer, tablet or smartphone)|
|Video start and end date|
|Campaign and/or variation affecting a web page on which a video was created|
To apply criteria, apply the following steps:
- Click the drop-down list of the desired filter.
- Select the desired criterion/criteria.
- When applicable, click OK to apply the filters and filter the list of videos.
To delete criteria, select the “All” option at the top of the drop-down list.
You can sort the list of sessions based on the following criteria:
- recording duration,
- visitor’s activity level,
- manual or automatic tags applied to the videos.
To sort by date, by recording duration or by visitor’s activity level, click the upward or downward arrows in the column header.
To sort by tag, click in the Search field and select the desired tag.
For more on this, refer to the Applying tags to your videos article.
You can only apply one sorting criterion at a time. They cannot be combined.
Pour en savoir plus