The Social Proof widget enables you to display a message for your visitors, specifying the number of views or purchases for a specific product or page within a preset time period.
To collect the number of transactions for a specific product and display it via the Social Proof widget, you must implement the Item hit as well as the transaction tag.
Once the Social Proof widget is implemented and configured on your website, you can run the QA process. This way, you can ensure that the widget properly displays the number of views or the number of transactions (according to your configuration) for a specific product on the right product page.
For more information on the configuration of the Social Proof widget, refer to the Social Proof widget article.
Check the widget display via the console
To check that the number of views or the transactions for a specific product are displayed correctly, apply the following steps:
- Go to the product page on which you implemented the Social Proof widget.
- Check if the popin is displayed on the page:
If the popin is not displayed, it means that the widget does not work properly (either the widget has not been saved, the test has not been launched, targeting has not been properly configured, etc.). The following steps are valid only if the popin appears on the webpage.
If the window.ABTastyProductKey variable has not been previously defined, the following error message is displayed in the console: AB Tasty product key is not defined. This means that the widget cannot be displayed (for the number of transactions only).
- Open your browser console.
- Go to the Network tab.
- In the search bar, enter Social.
- Refresh the webpage.
- In the Name tab, click the pv?key= (for page views) or i?key= (for items) key.
- Click the Response tab:
You can see the data for each time slot.
- Make sure the data displayed in the console is coherent.
To view the data, you can also click the Preview tab.
The Response and Preview tabs display the following information:
- A part of the URL of the product page on which the widget has been configured (for the number of views) and the product SKU (for the number of transactions).
- The count of pages viewed or transactions by time slot (within the last hour, within the last 3, 7, 12, 24 72 and 168 hours).
If the widget is displayed and the number of views or transactions coincides with the data appearing in the console, this means the Social Proof widget works properly.
For instance, if you want to display the number of views for a specific product within the last 24 hours, you must check that the number displayed in the popin is the same as the number that matches the count_24hours line in the console.
If the widget is properly displayed after running the QA process, some issues may remain. For instance, there may be an issue with the collection of product-related transactions.