You can create segments directly via Audience Manager, using the Template Gallery tab. This tab enables you to create a segment outside of the campaign configuration process.
There are two ways of creating a segment:
- From blank: using your own criteria
To manage and activate a previously created segment, view the Segments tab.
Displaying the Template Gallery tab
To display the Template Gallery tab, apply the following steps:
Go to the AB Tasty dashboard.
Click the Audience tab:
If you have created one or more segments, the Segments tab is displayed.
If you haven't created any segments yet, the Template Gallery tab is displayed by default.
Creating a segment from a template
You can create a segment using customizable templates. Each template is preconfigured using one or more segmentation criteria and matches a typical visitor profile.
Templates are sorted by segmentation type (psychographics, technographics and behavioral) and by category (e-commerce, acquisition and engagement).
There are two types of templates:
Selecting a template
To select a template, apply the following steps:
- Click the card of the desired template.
- Enter the segment’s name.
- Enter the segment’s description (optional).
- The criteria that match the selected template are displayed. Edit the criteria based on your needs by dragging and dropping criteria from the left-hand column into the middle section: criteria can be added, changed or deleted.
- Click Save.
Once it has been saved, the segment appears directly in the Segments tab, as well as in the Targeting section of all your campaigns.
If you create a segment whose action is over 30 days old (this is the case for segmentation criteria with an open number of days, such as Last purchase, Purchase frequency, Days since last session, or Days since first session), the transaction rate and the traffic % will be a sample, calculated based on the current month, not on the entire duration.
Once the template has been added, it can be used and modified as needed during the targeting step of your campaign (for more on this, refer to Defining your audience - Updating a saved audience) or directly in the Segments tab.
The same template can be selected several times in a row. Make sure to customize the label of each saved segment via the Targeting page of your campaign so that you can identify it, should you decide to import the same template again.
Standard templates are made up of “basic” segmentation criteria (Visitor attributes, Campaign exposure, Cookie, Action tracking, Number of sessions, Days since last session, Days since first session).
Premium templates are derived from Artificial Intelligence and are based on segmentation criteria related to the transaction (via the new transaction tag).
Templates can be filtered by segmentation type and by category. To do this, select the type of segmentation from the first drop-down list and/or the category from the second drop-down list.
Creating a segment from blank
You can also create a brand-new segment by selecting and combining your own criteria.
To do this:
- Click New segment:
This opens an overlay.
- Enter the name you would like to give your segment.
- If necessary, enter a description of your segment (optional).
- Place the cursor on the criterion you want to use.
- To build your segment, drag the criterion from the left-hand column into the middle section.
- Select the values that are specific to the chosen segmentation criterion.
- To add one or more other segmentation criteria, click Add ‘AND’ criterion to separate the criteria within the same segment (e.g. Engagement level: Loyal visitors AND Content interest: visitors interested in cinema).)
Add ‘OR’ criterion to create a segment featuring several sub-segments (e.g. Engagement level: Loyal visitors OR Content interest: visitors interested in cinema).
- Repeat steps 4 to 6.
- Click Save.
Once the segment has been created and saved, it appears directly in the Segments tab, as well as in the Targeting section of all your campaigns.
For more on this, refer to Defining your audience.