If your Heatmap does not show any data despite having visitors on your campaign, please start by making sure your campaign’s Sample URL (in configuration step 1) is included in your campaign targeting.
If your Heatmap doesn’t show any data, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- The test is not live
- There are not enough visits on your test
- The sample URL is not included in your campaign’s targeting
The test is not live
To collect data in your reporting and in your Heatmap, the test must be live.
If the test is paused or not launched, click on the tests dashboard or on the left-hand panel in any configuration step of your test.
There are not enough visits on your test
If your test is live but the page has not been visited, you will see an empty Heatmap.
In this case, you need to wait until at least one visitor sees the page and clicks on an element.
The sample URL is not included in your campaign targeting
The webpage displayed in the Heatmap matches the Sample URL that you set during the Main information step of the campaign configuration.
This URL must be included in your campaign targeting. By default, the sample URL you enter in the Main information step of your test is automatically added in the target pages.
If it not, apply the following steps:
- Go to the Targeting step of your test (step 4).
- Click Choose where to display your campaign.
- In the first drop-down list, select Include.
- In the second drop-down list, choose URL ignoring parameters.
- Paste the sample URL that you set in the Main information step.
- Click Save step.
For more information, refer to Defining target pages.
In most cases, if your Heatmap doesn’t show any data, it is due to these reasons. If this isn’t the case, please contact your dedicated CSM.