The Promotional banner widget enables you to display a banner and possibly a button linking to a specific URL.
Even if images cannot be part of content, they can be added as background images.
Select a layout
We offer 3 different layouts:
- top banner
- bottom banner (by default)
- free placement (which allows you to place the widget wherever you want in the page flow)
Layouts are natively responsive.
Layer Position (z-index)
If you've selected "modal", "top banner" or "bottom banner" layout, you can define the position of the widget on the z axis in order to manage if you want the widget: on top of everything, under everything or precisely fine-tune its position.
Please read the dedicated article on the matter: Z-index demystified.
Message (text or HTML)
As the "Promotional banner" widget is mainly designed to contain text, you have to fill the textarea in.
The textarea supports multi-lines messages. You can use HTML markup to add ordered or unordered lists. All the other styling aspects should be done through the "Style tab".
You can add emojis. See here how.
Select widget link type
You can now decide if your widget will contain a clickable button (to close or redirect), if the widget will be entirely clickable (to close or redirect) or will have no link at all.
If you pick:
- "The button is a link", you will have to precise a button URL and a button text. The widget will display a button.
- "A click on the button closes the widget", you will have to precise a button text. The widget will display a button.
- "The whole widget is a link", you will have to precise a URL. The widget will not display a button.
- "A click on the whole widget closes the widget", you won't have anything to add. The widget will not display a button.
- "None", well, nothing else is required. The widget will not be clickable.
I you use a background image which looks like a "big ad", we recommend you to select "The whole widget is a link" and remove the paragraph with the editor once the widget is set.
Select the style options (Text, Buttons, Container, Border, Close button) you want to apply to your widget and customize the banner.
Refer to the Widget Style options article for more information on all available Style options.
Select the Triggering and Recurrence options you want to apply to the Promotional Banner widget. Refer to the Widget Condition options article for more information on the available Condition options.
If you want to: edit, duplicate, rename, delete such a widget, please check the Widget Frequently Asked Questions article.