The Social Sharing Sidebar widget lets you display a sidebar (left, right, top, bottom of the page) on pages where you would like your visitors to share content on Social Media or through email.
We advise you to use it on some pages bu not all of them. Especially: landing pages, blogs, documentation, whitepaper download pages...
Pick the layout that suits you most depending on the design of your web app.
Select on which social platform(s) you would like to invite your visitors to share on.
You can pick: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin & Pinterest.
If you toggle "Email", it will add a button with a "mailto:" link. The email subject will be the meta title of the page and the email body will be the URL of the page. Obviously, the visitor can change it.
"mailto:" links behave differently is you have set a default email client for "mailto:" links in your browser settings or not ; and if you did, it differs depending on if you use: Thunderbird, Outlook, Mail, Gmail, Protonmail...
- The Icons color will be applied to all icons. By default they are white.
- The Custom background icon colors will be applied to all icons. By default they are based on the color of the social platform ; light blue for Twitter, red for Pinterest...
- Drop shadow & drop shadow opacity - You can decide to have a drop shadow and how opaque it will be.
- Space between icons will add some margin between the buttons (vertical margin or horizontal margin, depending on the layout you picked).
- The Icons border radius slider will give more or less border radius to the icon buttons.
- Custom container - If you toggle this option, you will discover a long list of sub-options (background, border thickness and radius...) which will let you design a sidebar to wrap the icons altogether.
- The Container position slider will help position the sidebar, especially when you already have static/sticky elements on your page in order not to overlap them. By default it is set to 50, which means centered (vertically or horizontally).
A picture is worth a thousand words but a gif is worth a thousand pictures. Here is a demo on how to set a Social Sharing Sidebar widget.
If you want to: edit, duplicate, rename, delete such a widget, please check the Widget Frequently Asked Questions article.