The Social Sharing Buttons widget lets you display a group of buttons on pages where you would like your visitors to share content on Social Media or through email.
We advise you to use it on some pages bu not all of them. Especially: landing pages, blogs, documentation, whitepaper download pages...
- Select the element which will contain the widget (positioned at the end (append)).
Select on which social platform(s) you would like to invite your visitors to share on.
You can pick: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin & Pinterest.
If you toggle "Email", it will add a button with a "mailto:" link. The email subject will be the meta title of the page and the email body will be the URL of the page. Obviously, the visitor can change it.
"mailto:" links behave differently is you have set a default email client for "mailto:" links in your browser settings or not ; and if you did, it differs depending on if you use: Thunderbird, Outlook, Mail, Gmail, Protonmail...
- The Icons border radius slider will give more or less border radius to the icon buttons.
- The Icons color will be applied to all icons. By default they are white.
- The Custom background icon colors will be applied to all icons. By default they are based on the color of the social platform ; light blue for Twitter, red for Pinterest...
- Drop shadow & drop shadow opacity - You can decide to have a drop shadow and how opaque it will be.
- Space between icons will add some margin between the buttons (vertical margin or horizontal margin, depending on the layout you picked).
- The Icons size radio buttons offer you three different button sizes: small, medium and large. By default, they are set on large.
A picture is worth a thousand words but a gif is worth a thousand pictures. Here is a demo on how to set a Social Sharing Buttons widget.
If you want to: edit, duplicate, rename, delete such a widget, please check the Widget Frequently Asked Questions article.