The QA Assistant is an application (based on an iframe) that enables you to QA your campaign without having to open your browser console. It displays the campaigns that are live on the active page, those that are active on the website (other than the page you are viewing) as well as information related to the events configured in the campaign.
⭐ Good to know
The QA Assistant is compatible with the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari.
The QA Assistant can be enabled on any website where the AB Tasty tag is implemented.
To launch the QA Assistant on your website, apply the following steps:
- Go to your website
- From the keyboard, type alt+A+B (for Windows) or ctrl+A+B (for Mac).
The QA Assistant opens via a panel at the bottom of your page.
The QA Assistant displays two tabs, that enables you to view and control various information on your website/page:
The campaigns tab is displayed by default and is divided into two different sections:
- The top section displays all campaigns that are live on the active page, that is to say the campaigns you are assigned to.
- The bottom section displays all campaigns that are currently live on your website, whether you are assigned to them or not.
Each line, which relates to a specific campaign, displays the test type, the campaign name, the campaign ID and the targeting configuration including the following information:
- Page URLs (Where): the page URLs where the campaign is displayed.
- Segment (Who): the segment of visitors targeted by the campaign.
- Trigger (How): the trigger based on which the campaign is launched.
- QA mode: whether the QA mode is enabled on the campaign or not.
On the right of each line, you can see the overall campaign status:
The user matches all of the targeting criteria.
If one of the targeting criteria is rejected, the user will be rejected from the whole campaign
By clicking on the campaign row, you can see the details of the targeting configuration (page URLs, Segment and Trigger) in a table with the exact values you configured in AB Tasty. On the right side of the table, you can see your current status for each targeting criteria and, if you are rejected, understand why you are not affected to the campaign.
From there, you can go to the Targeting step of your campaign in order to edit the targeting set.
The Events tab enables you to perform QA in real time and to verify that actions and custom trackings have been correctly implemented on your campaign.
🚩 Heads up
To perform the QA, you must be on a page included in the targeting of your campaign or on a page where tracking has been configured.
To do so, click the element of the page on which action tracking has been configured. The action name will automatically appear in the Events section, with the following information:
- The event name
- The event type (action or custom tracking)
- The campaign name and ID on which the event will be recorded
- The variation name and ID on which the event will be recorded
- The time at which the event was triggered
⭐ Good to know
To minimize the QA Assistant, click the minimize icon in the top left corner. The QA Assistant will still be visible as a logo in the bottom left corner. To close the QA assistant, click the cross that appears upon hovering over the AB Tasty logo.
💡 Use cases
The QA Assistant can be useful for various reasons:
- To QA your campaign. That is to say verify that the modifications, targeting and trackings have been implemented correctly.
- To know what campaigns are currently running on your website or on a specific page. You can see all the running campaigns at a glance and check the targeting configuration.
- To understand why you don’t see a specific test on your website/page. When checking the targeting configuration, you can quickly see why you don’t match the targeting, and return to the targeting section of your campaign to modify it.
Let’s say you want to verify that the set-up, graphic modifications, targeting and trackings of your campaign have been implemented correctly.
When using the QA Assistant, you don’t have to apply 100% of the traffic to the variation you want to QA. You just need to enable the QA mode in the targeting step of your campaign, launch your campaign and then use the keyboard shortcut to trigger the QA Assistant on a targeted page.
From the QA Assistant, you can now verify that you are included in the targeting of your campaign and see the different variations you implemented in real time.
In the variation column, you can select which variation you want to display on the page. Click on one variation from the dropdown list to display the matching modifications on the page. Then, you can perform actions on your website according to the events you want to track and verify that they are correctly set up.
Need additional information?
Submit your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
Always happy to help!