The Segments tab enables you to display all the segments saved during the targeting step of your campaign and displays the following information for each saved segment:
- the segment name;
- the traffic share;
- the transaction rate;
- the segment status (active or inactive): hover to display the number of campaigns for which the segment is active. For each active segment, a modal displays the segment ID and name;
- the segment creation date;
- the date on which the segment was last updated.
It also features the All tab,displaying the saved segments and the Archived tab displaying saved segments archived via this screen.
This tab enables you to perform the following actions:
- Archiving and restoring a segment
🚩 Heads up
When you archive an audience currently in use in a campaign, the audience remains active for the campaign but no longer appears in the list of saved audiences.
- Sorting, based on the name, date or last update of a saved segment.
- Filtering and editing segments
- Creating a new segment based on an audience template and add it to your library of saved segments. Each template is preconfigured using one or more targeting criteria and matches a typical visitor profile. Once the template has been added, it can be used and modified as needed during the targeting step of your campaign (for more on this, refer to Defining your segment).
⭐ Good to know
The same template can be selected several times in a row. Make sure to customize the label of each saved segment via the Targeting step of your campaign so that you can identify it, should you decide to import the same template again.
- Activating a segment by creating a new test or personalization campaign. To do so, hover over the name of the segment you want to activate and click New campaign. You can choose to either create a test or a personalization based on this segment. The segment based on which you created the test is displayed in the targeting step of your campaign. Edit its segmentation criteria if necessary.
If you want to add a segment to a previously created campaign, you can do so during campaign targeting.
⭐ Good to know
For multi-page tests with several subtests and personalizations with several scenarios, by default, the segment is added to the targeting of each subtest/scenario. These can be changed later on.
💡 Use cases
Let’s say you plan to create several campaigns with promotional codes for you loyal users in the following years. You want to create a segment of your loyal visitors. You can create this segment directly in the Segments tab. To do so, apply the following steps:
- Click New segment > From templates.
- Select the Loyal clients template and click Use this template.
Edit the name of the segment if needed and click Save:
Your new segment appears in the Segments tab of the Audience Manager.
Need additional information?
Submit your request at email@example.com
Always happy to help!