This article will explain you how to solve upcoming issues with the QA Assistant:
- The QA Assistant module doesn't load on the page
- The tag is not present on the page
- I don't see my campaign on the QA Assistant
- A browser extension is blocking the QA Assistant
- There are AB Tasty related errors in the console
- There is a Content Security Policy error in the console
- Your browser configuration doesn't allow third-party cookie depositing
- Mobile iOS - My status keep being "QA rejected" when the parameter is valid
You can trigger the QA Assistant module by pressing ctrl+Q+A or by adding ?abtasty_qa_assistant=true at the end of your website URL.
The QA Assistant module doesn’t load on the page
You have tried to launch the QA Assistant from AB Tasty or from the keyboard shortcut, but nothing appears on your page. In this case, here are few things to verify :
- Check the QA Assistant opening on the Incognito window. If the module appears your cache might be blocking the display on the Normal window.
- Clear your cache on your browser and hard reload:
- By typing Ctrl+F5 (on Windows) or Cmd+Shift+R (on Mac)
- Or by clicking on the page reload button and pressing Ctrl at the same time.
The tag is not present on the page
In order to work properly, the tag must be present on the page you want to apply your changes to.
To know if the tag is present on the page, apply the following steps:
- Open a private browser window.
- Enter the URL of the page you want to QA
- Right-click and select Inspect:
The console is displayed.
- Go to the Elements tab.
- In the HTML code, look for try.abtasty.com.
For more information on the AB Tasty tag, refer to How do I install AB Tasty on my site?
I do not see my campaign on the QA Assistant
Some changes are automatically saved when you make changes such as in the Editor step, others require manual saving such as targeting, traffic allocation, etc.
If the last update date of the Tag is too old or took place before your last changes, some changes may not be applied to your site and will therefore not appear in the QA Assistant.
- Update the tag from the QA Assistant, click on the Refresh tag button and refresh the webpage:
Please make sure you are using the latest version of your tag to include all recent changes by clicking the Refresh tag button from AB Tasty platform:
- Update the tag from the platform
A browser extension is blocking the QA Assistant
In Chrome, Firefox and Safari, various extensions may prevent the QA Assistant from loading.
Disable all Chrome extensions
To disable Chrome extensions, apply the following steps:
- In your Chrome browser, click > More tools > Extensions.
- Switch OFF the pushbutton.
- Repeat step 2 to disable each extension manually.
To disable all Chrome extensions at once, you can use the Extensity extension, which enables you to easily turn Chrome extensions on and off.
The Ghostery extension may cause multiple issues.
Close existing Incognito windows
- Close all existing Incognito windows.
- Open a new one (by default, extensions are not loaded in Incognito)
- Trigger the QA Assistant by using the ctrl+Q+A keyboard combinations or adding the ?abtasty_qa_assistant=true URL parameter
There are AB Tasty related errors in the console
There may be errors related to AB Tasty in the console. To check for these, apply the following steps:
- Open your browser’s console.
- Right click Inspect and click the Console tab.
- Make sure there are no AB Tasty errors or server errors.
If you notice the following error in the QA Assistant:
And in the console:
please see Your browser configuration doesn’t allow third-party cookie depositing.
If you notice any errors, please contact your dedicated CSM.
There is a Content Security Policy error
If you notice Content Security Policy errors in the console when you try to load the QA Assistant, the current problem must come from your server configuration.
Content Security Policy may be blocking everything on your website. This means that you have to individually approve every single external request and whitelist them on the server configuration.
To address this issue, refer to the back-end developers of your website in order to whitelist the *.abtasty.com domain in your Content Security Policy.
Other authorisations may be needed such as "unsafe-eval" / "unsafe-inline" / “blob“, and so on. All details are visible in the console errors.
Your browser configuration doesn’t allow third-party cookie depositing
Enabling cookies in Safari (desktop or mobile):
Go to the Safari drop-down menu.
Click Privacy in the top panel.
Turn off 'Prevent cross-site tracking' and ‘Block all cookies’.
Enabling cookies in Mozilla Firefox:
Go to the Firefox drop-down menu.
Under Cookies, select the option ‘Accept cookies from sites.’
You may need to restart your browser to proceed.
Enabling cookies in Google Chrome:
Open Chrome preferences click Settings, then Show Advanced Settings.
Near the bottom of the page, select Show advanced settings.
Under “Privacy and security” click on Cookies and other site data.
Mobile iOS - My status keep being "QA rejected" when the parameter is valid
When opening the QA Assistant iOS devices, the campaign status keeps showing "QA Rejected" even though your IP match the QA mode value.
To solve this, follow those steps on your iOS devices:
- Go on Settings and select Safari,
- On Privacy & Security section, toggle off 'Prevent cross-site tracking' and 'Block all cookies' options,
- Then click on Hide IP Address and select Off.
In most cases, if QA Assistant doesn’t load on your website, it is due to one of these reasons. If this article doesn’t resolve the issue , please contact your dedicated CSM.