The public API enables you to access the various routes of the AB Tasty platform. This may come in handy to recover information on your campaigns, carry out simple actions or develop an Intranet-based interface.
The individuals concerned can be your own developers or people outside the company (a partner or a consultant, for instance).
In order for them to be able to use the public API, you need to generate various access rights by selecting predefined roles that coincide with specific actions within AB Tasty.
Depending on the roles you grant them in advance, your partner will be able to carry out the following actions:
- recover information related to your campaigns;
- monitor your campaigns (running in production, pausing, scheduling and duplicating tests and personalizations);
- manage your account users;
- update the AB Tasty library;
- empty the AB Tasty library in case of emergency.
If necessary, you can also remove access rights for one or more people.
To generate an access using the public API, you need to have administrator rights for your account.
Accessing the public API
To access the public API, apply the following steps:
- Go to the dashboard and click , then click Settings.
- Click Public API.
Generating an access
To generate an access, apply the following steps:
In the Description field, enter the reason why you want to grant access to your partner.
- Select one, several or all roles from the drop-down list by clicking Select all.
You must select at least one role.
The selected roles are displayed as tags in the field. To delete a role, click the cross to the right of it.
- Click Generate.
The following message is displayed: “Your API credential was successfully created!”.
Two unique credentials are created: ClientID and ClientSecret.
If you refresh the page, the information will be lost and you will have to repeat the process.
- Click Copy:
The credential is automatically placed on the clipboard.
- Forward the credentials straight to your partner, who will create a token, which is necessary for accessing AB Tasty routes.
Refer to the Public API Documentation post of the Developer Portal for more information on creating a token using the generated credentials.
Credentials are sensitive information. Delete your email after sending and ask your recipient to do the same.
Once an access has been generated, it is displayed in the Your credential history section below the form.
It is possible to revoke access, i.e. to make the API keys unusable, thus preventing your partner from accessing the platform routes.
To do this, apply the following steps:
- In Your credential history, click Revoke Access.
The following message is displayed: “Are you sure? Every integration linked to that access will not work anymore. Are you sure you want to continue? ”
- Click Yes, revoke access to confirm or No to cancel.
Revoked accesses can still be viewed in the history.
Running a search
Created accesses are sorted in reverse chronological order.
To run a search, apply the following steps:
- Enter a word found in the Created by, Description or Role columns in the search field in the top right-hand corner of the history section.
- Click the magnifying glass or hit Enter.
The relevant results are displayed.