Didomi is a Consent Management Platform (CMP) that enables you to manage your vendors (or third-party tools), their associated purposes and to configure the way your visitors can consent to their usage.
There are two ways of integrating AB Tasty with Didomi:
- Using our native integration
This method allows AB Tasty to execute without consent and to wait for the visitor's consent to start collecting and storing data. This method is based on the Restrict cookie deposit option.
- Using Didomi to manage tag injection
This method allows AB Tasty to execute only when the visitor has given their consent. This means no AB Tasty campaign will be able to execute on your website until the visitor gives their consent.
We don’t recommend using the second method since the AB Tasty tag won’t be injected without visitor’s consent.
Using our native integration
Selecting the AB Tasty default vendor in Didomi
In Vendors & Purposes of your consent notice configuration in Didomi, select AB Tasty 2.0 to use the most recent AB Tasty vendor.
The purposes related to the AB Tasty 2.0 vendor are the following:
- Measuring content performance
- Developing and improving product
- Storing and/or accessing information (cookies and others)
- Selecting personalised content
- Creating personalized content profile
The two last are used for DMP usage in AB Tasty only, they won’t prevent the AB Tasty tag from collecting and storing regular data.
Creating a custom AB Tasty vendor in Didomi
If you don’t want to use our default vendor, you can create your own directly in Didomi via Settings > Vendors.
Set up the name, purposes and write down the generated custom vendor ID, as it will be useful further along in the process.
Enabling Didomi’s integration in AB Tasty
To enable Didomi in AB Tasty, apply the following steps:
- Go to AB Tasty Settings > Cookies > Cookie Deposit Method.
- Toggle the Restrict cookie deposit to Yes, in order to restrict AB Tasty data collection and storage until consent hasn’t been given.
- Select which mode you want AB Tasty to operate on.
In default mode, the tag will still execute but won’t collect or store any data on the visitor. In strict mode, the tag won’t execute until the consent condition is met. For more information, refer to Managing cookie deposit.
- Under AB Tasty cookies will be placed once: select Didomi.
- If you have a Custom Vendor ID set in Didomi, fill in the corresponding field. Otherwise, leave it empty.
- Click Save.
The AB Tasty tag will check Didomi’s state each time a change is detected and will apply the corresponding rule.
Using Didomi to manage tag injection
You can use Didomi to inject our tag after consent has been granted by the visitor.
This method gives you more control and forbids our tag from downloading without the visitor’s consent.
However, we don’t recommend using this method as it means that no AB Tasty campaign can be displayed until visitor consent has been given. This may generate a flickering effect when consent is granted (e.g.: patches campaigns).
To do so, apply the following steps:
- Refer to Didomi’s developer documentation to set up the AB Tasty tag in Didomi.
- Go to Settings > Cookies > Cookie Deposit Method and toggle Restrict cookie deposit to No.
- Check the The cookie deposit restriction and its consent collection are handled on my side box:
AB Tasty will consider that once it has started executing, consent has already been given. Proof of consent will be sent as soon as it is executed.
For more information on Didomi, please refer to their developer documentation.