The Image Matchmaker widget enables you to discover the image that generates the highest number of conversions on a per-page basis.
The widget is based on the three functions:
- one that returns the number of images on your product page
- one to be called up in order to position first a given image
- one that enables you to record a conversion for the related page
Once these elements have been entered, AB Tasty displays a random image for each visitor. At the same time, it records conversions and automatically detects the image that generates the most of them, right from the first conversion. This image is then selected by default to appear first in the image gallery.
Please do not use this widget on carousels nor if not all the images are visible at once.
- Add to cart button: Select the main "Call to action" button on the page. It enables the widget to record conversions for this page.
The widget is based on a list of images available on your page.
The "Turing Engine" (the name of the API on which relies the Image Matchmaker widget) relies on the following parameters:
- The visitor ID
- The campaign ID
- The variation ID
- The number of images in the gallery (on the page)
- The URL of the product page (last 50 characters of the URL, excluding hostname, parameters and anchor)
Having a list of images
In order to function, the widget needs a list of images and it will select one image from the list and will position it first. The images must be in a static position in the gallery because the "Turing Engine" randomly selects an image according to its position in the list.
The list can contain as many images as you want. However, optimizing the first image for a gallery of 4 images and a gallery of 50 images will not take the same duration.
Using one list per product page
Since the widget is based on the URL of the page, the widget will not work if there are multiple galleries of images on the same page nor if there is only one gallery of images but on a web app where the URL does not change from one page to another. Image Matchmaker can only be called once per page and per visitorId.