The Visited pages criterion is a triggering criterion that enables you to create a trigger (use it for your current campaign and save it) or to use it as a one-shot condition to trigger your current campaign.
The Visited pages triggering criterion enables you to trigger a campaign to visitors that have seen specific URLs at least a specific number of times during their current session.
To configure the Visited pages criterion, you must specify the number of times a URL (or several URLs) has been seen during the session. To do so, select a number from the dropdown menu.
Then, you must declare one or several URLs by selecting the URL operator from the dropdown list and entering the corresponding string (an entire URL, a regex, a part of a URL and so on, depending on the operator you have chosen).
To add several URLs, click Add condition:
- When including 2 or more URLs (is, is exactly, contains, is regular expression, is saved Page), the some operator is applied, meaning that at least one condition needs to be met.
- When excluding 2 or more URLs (is not, is not exactly, does not contain, is not regular expression, is not saved Page), the all operator is applied, meaning that all conditions need to be met.
- When including at least one URL and excluding at least one URL, the all operator is applied, meaning that all conditions need to be met.
For more information, refer to Configuring several conditions with ALL and SOME operators.
⭐ Good to know
The functioning is the same as in the Where section.
💡 Use case
Let’s say you want to display a coupon code on the Basket Page that would trigger only for visitors who saw a page containing /recipe/ in their URL during their session
To do so:
- Choose the Visited pages triggering criterion in the How section of the targeting step of your campaign.
- From the first dropdown list, select the number of times the URL has been seen (in this case, select 1).
- Select contains > /recipe/
- In the Where section, select the is operator and enter the URL corresponding to the Basket Page.
Need additional information?
Submit your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
Always happy to help!