Once you have finalized the creation of a custom audience during the Targeting step of your test or personalization, you can save it in order for it to be reused to target the same audience in another campaign.
The Audience tab found on the dashboard enables you to display the list of previously saved audiences.
The Audience screen displays the following information for each saved audience:
- the audience name;
- the date on which the audience was last updated;
- the Archive option.
It also features the two following tabs:
- The Active tab, which enables you to display all the audiences saved during the targeting step of your campaign.
- The Archived tab, which enables you to display saved audiences archived via this screen.
Custom audiences which have been created but not saved do not appear in the Audience screen accessible from the dashboard.
Displaying the saved audiences screen
To display the list of saved audiences, click the Audience tab on the dashboard.
Archiving a saved audience
To archive a saved audience, apply the following steps:
- Click .
- Click Archive:
The audience is moved to the Archived tab.
When you archive an audience currently in use in a campaign, the audience remains active for the campaign but no longer appears in the list of saved audiences.
Restoring a saved audience
To restore a saved audience, apply the following steps:
- In the list of archived audiences, click .
- Click Restore:
The audience is moved to the Active tab.
Sorting saved audiences
You can sort saved audiences based on their name, date or last update. To do this, apply the following steps:
Sorting by name
- Click the Name field to display the list in reverse alphabetical order.
- Click the Name field again to display the list in alphabetical order.
Sorting by date
- Click the Last update field to display the list from the most recent to the least recent entry.
- Click the Last update field again to display the list from the least recent to the most recent entry.
Creating a saved audience
It’s possible to create a new audience based on an audience template and add it to your library of saved audiences.
Each template is preconfigured using one or more targeting criteria and matches a typical visitor profile.
Once the template has been added, it can be used and modified as needed during the targeting step of your campaign (for more on this, refer to Defining your audience - Updating a saved audience).
Selecting an audience template
To select an audience template, apply the following steps:
- Go to the saved audience page.
- Click New audience>Select an audience template.
- Select the desired template and click Add.
The same template can be selected several times in a row. Make sure to customize the label of each saved audience via the Targeting page of your campaign so that you can identify it, should you decide to import the same template again.