The Page interest criteria is a segmentation criteria that enables you to create a segment.
The Page interest triggering criterion enables you to create a segment of visitors based on specific URLs viewed during a defined period of time.
To configure the Page interest criteria, you must:
- Define the period of time the URL(s) have been viewed. From the dropdown list, select ‘Past 2 weeks’, ‘Past month’, ‘Past year’ or ‘Last session’.
- Specify the minimum number of times the URL(s) has been viewed.To do so, select or enter a number in the input field.
- Declare one or several URLs by selecting the URL operator from the dropdown list and entering the corresponding string (an entire URL, a regex, a part of a URL and so on, depending on the selected operator).
To add several URLs, click Add condition:
- When including 2 or more URLs (is, is exactly, contains, is regular expression, is saved Page), the SOME operator is applied, meaning that at least one condition needs to be met.
- When excluding 2 or more URLs (is not, is not exactly, does not contain, is not regular expression, is not saved Page), the ALL operator is applied, meaning that all conditions need to be met.
- When including at least one URL and excluding at least one URL, the ALL operator is applied, meaning that all conditions need to be met.
For more information, refer to Configuring several conditions with ALL and SOME operators.
⭐ Good to know
The functioning is the same as in the Where section.
💡 Use case
Let’s say you want to display a coupon code on the Basket Page for visitors who seem interested in recipes; this would trigger only for visitors who have seen 5 pages containing /recipe/ in the URL during their session(s) for the past month. To do so:
- Choose the Page interest segment criterion in the Who section of the targeting step of your campaign.
- From the first dropdown list, select Past month.
- In the input field, enter the number of times the URL has been seen (in this case, enter 5).
- Select contains > /recipe/
- In the Where section, select the is operator and enter the URL corresponding to the Basket Page.
Need additional information?
Submit your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
Always happy to help!