🚩 Heads up
This feature is only available for early adopter clients at the moment. If you want to be part of this program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before using a component in a campaign, you must configure a component template in the Component section.
This template can also contain a form that will enable non-technical users to adapt and personalize the component directly in the editor without the need to change the code.
⚙️ Configuring a new component template
From the Components page, click Create a new component template from blank and fill in the following information:
- Component template name: give a clear name to easily understand what is inside and to retrieve it within the component templates library. Each template must have a unique name (ex: “Popin to promote newsletter and collect emails - new branding”).
- Description (optional)
- CSS code section: enter your CSS code to customize the UI of your component.
- HTML code section: enter your additional html code to enrich your content.
- Form code section: declare your objects following the rules explained in the right panel.The objective is to create a specific form that will be usable in the visual editor when a user will add a component to his campaign. This way, the user will be able to change parameters very easily. To get more information about the form structure, please refer to our dev portal article.
- Assets section: upload assets (images, video, sound) that will be automatically hosted on our server.
Saving your component template
By clicking the Save button, your component template will be automatically saved in your account component template library.
Previewing your component template
To preview your component template, you must import it in a campaign (test, patch or personalization). Please refer to our article 👉 Using a component in a campaign to learn how.
🎨Other actions you can manage in the component template Library
From the component template library, you will be able to perform the following actions:
Duplicating a component template
You can use a template from any account where you have an administrator right. It can be in your current account or in another one you have access to. Once you click Duplicate, you can select the destination account (in the dropdown, you can find the list of accounts you have access to), and edit your duplicated template’s name. Description, code snippets, form, assets and tags will be automatically duplicated. Then, you can easily edit the new template and adapt it to your needs.
Editing a component template
You can edit a component template that is not currently used in any live campaign of any account you have access to.
However, you can edit those that are used in paused campaigns, or that are not used in any campaigns. When trying to edit a template, the list of the live campaigns where the component is used is displayed. To be able to edit a component used in one or more live campaigns, you must pause them.
Once saved, the changes made on the template will also be applied in the paused campaigns.
Another solution is to duplicate the template and overwrite the new duplicated one, instead of pausing the campaigns using the component you need to update.
Deleting a component
You can delete a component that is not currently used in any campaign of any account you have access to.
This action can only be performed by an administrator of the account. You can delete a component template that is not used at all, in any paused or live campaigns of the accounts you have access to. When trying to delete a component, the list of the live campaigns where the component is used is displayed in a popup. To be able to delete a component used in one or more live campaigns, you must pause all of them, then remove the component from the editor.
You can group your components using tags. Searching for tags using the search bar enables you to find your components more easily.
For more information about components, refer to the FAQ.
Need additional information?
Submit your request at email@example.com
Always happy to help!