🚩 Heads up
This feature is only available for early adopter clients at the moment. If you want to be part of this program, please contact email@example.com.
Segment is a customer data platform (CDP) that helps you collect, clean, and control your customer data.
With Segment, you can easily manage data and integrations with services across your Growth, Product, and Marketing stack. By tracking events and users via Segment’s API and libraries, you can send your product’s data to all of your analytics/marketing platforms, with minimal instrumentation code.
The Segment integration allows you to receive the users traits collected in Segment and to use it to create segments within AB Tasty.
Setting up the Segment integration process is a process taking place on both interfaces.
Enable the integration on AB Tasty
- Go to Profile> Integrations>DMP & CRM Onboarding
- In the “Other CDP/CMP” box, select Segment and click the connect button.
- Segment is set up. No other action is required here. This will allow AB Tasty to display the traits that will be sent by Segment.
Enable the integration on Segment
- From the Destinations catalog page in the Segment App, click Add Destination.
- Search for “AB Tasty” in the Destinations Catalog, and select the “AB Tasty” destination.
- Choose which Source should send data to the “AB Tasty” destination.
- Enter the “API Key” in the “AB Tasty” destination settings in Segment.
⭐ Good to know: API Key
An integration API key is a unique key that allow third party tool to communicate with your specific AB Tasty account i.e. send data to you account.
To generate an API Key :
- Go to Setting > Integrations > API Key
- Click generate API Key
- API Key is ready to be used
You can also consult the Segment Documentation [link to our connector doc on Segment] https://hackmd.io/UrPP5w6vR-Gd3AhB1CTY1Q?view
Congratulations, integration is now set up and you can target use Segment traits within AB Tasty’s segment builder.
⭐ Good to know: Technical specification
- Segment sends the traits in real time, i.e. AB Tasty will receive data each time a .identify or .group call is made
- Segment pushes it’s own anonymousId. The anonymousId is retrieved on the client and used to achieve user matching.
- For the traits to be used in AB Tasty’s segment builder (once integration is set up), we need to match at least one user i.e. empty cohorts will not be displayed in the segment builder.
Using and retrieving your Segment traits
When you have activated and configured an integration, you will be able to retrieve Segment traits in the segment builder (available when you create a new segment).
All the audiences or traits coming from your integrations are available within the criteria group “DATA INTEGRATION”.
For each integration, you will have a corresponding item that you can drag and drop to use.
For global information on how to build a targeting segment, please refer to this page.
⭐ Good to know: audience availability in the segment builder
In order for an audience to be available in the segment builder it must not be empty, meaning that we have to identify at least one user belonging to the audience.
Once one user is identified, the audience will appear in the segment builder.