🚩 Heads up
This feature is only available for early adopter clients at the moment. If you want to be part of this program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Google Analytics is an analytics service that enables you to measure traffic and engagement across your websites and apps. Google Analytics 4 is the latest version of Google Analytics.
The Google Analytics 4 integration allows you to send the AB Tasty campaign data to your Google Analytics property.
How campaign data is sent
AB Tasty campaign data is sent as an event with event parameters:
- Event name is “abtasty”
- Event parameter “abtasty_campaign” contains the Campaign ID and Campaign Name formatted as “[campaign_id] campaign_name”
- Event parameter “abtasty_variation” contains the Variation ID and Variation Name formatted as “[variation_id] variation_name”
How to setup the integration
Before setting up the Google Analytics 4 integration within AB Tasty you will need to find your Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID.
⭐ Good to know: Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID
The Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID is the unique identifier of the data stream that sends data to your Google Analytics property. The Measurement ID uses the format G-XXXXXXX.
To retrieve your GA Measurement ID go to the Google Analytics interface and click Admin>Property>Data Streams> Web and choose your data stream. GA Measurement ID appears at upper right. More info here.
Now that you have your Measurement ID you can setup the integration in AB Tasty:
- Go to Profile>Integrations>Web Analytics tools
- In the “Other Web Analytics tools” box, select “Google Analytics 4”
- Fill the “Measurement ID” field with your own and click the connect button.
The integration is now setup and will be available when creating a new campaign.
More information on how to link a campaign here.
🚩 Heads up
You must update the AB Tasty tag to make your changes live.
⭐ Good to know:
Please note that the setup of an integration in the account settings is not applied retroactively to previously created campaigns. They only apply to new campaigns.
Verifying that AB Tasty data is correctly sent
Once you have setup the Google Analytics 4 integration and activated it in an AB Tasty campaign you may want to verify that data is sent correctly to your Google Analytics property.
🚩 Heads up
To QA the integration, you must be affected to a campaign where the integration has been configured.
- Open the console and click the “Network” tab
- In the search bar, type in your Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID (the one you used to set up the integration).
- You will normally see several lines containing your Measurement ID, it corresponds to the different data that is sent to Google Analytics (not only from AB Tasty but also by the Google Analytics tag)
- Look for the line that contains the AB Tasty event and event parameters in the payload. If you find it, it means that AB Tasty campaign data is sent to Google Analytics.
You can also see the AB Tasty campaign data within Google Analytics 4 :
- In the “Real Time” report (only the events that are currently received are displayed here).
- In the event report (you will need to wait for the events to be collected and processed by Google Analytics).