Segment & AB Tasty
Segmentis a Customer Data Platform (CDP) that helps you collect, clean, and control your customer data.
With Segment, you can easily manage data and integrations with services across your Growth, Product, and Marketing stack. By tracking events and users via Segment’s API and libraries, you can send your product’s data to all of your analytics/marketing platforms, with minimal instrumentation code.
The Segment integration allows you to receive the users’ traits collected in Segment and to use them to create segments within AB Tasty.
Setting up the Segment integration process is a process taking place on both interfaces.
Enabling the integration on AB Tasty
To enable the integration on AB Tasty, follow the steps below:
- Access Profile > Integrations > DMP & CRM Onboarding.
- In the Other CDP/CMPbox, select Segment and click the connect button.
Segment is set up. No other action is required here. This will allow AB Tasty to display the traits that will be sent by Segment.
Enabling the integration on Segment
To enable integration on Segment, follow the steps below:
- From the Destinations catalog page in the Segment App, click Add Destination.
- Search for “AB Tasty” in the Destinations Catalog, and select the AB Tasty destination.
- Choose which Source should send data to the AB Tasty destination.
- Enter the “API Key” in the “AB Tasty” destination settings in Segment.
Good to Know 💡- API Key
An integration API key is a unique key that allows a third-party tool to communicate with your specific AB Tasty account i.e., send data to your account.
To generate an API Key, follow the steps below:
- Access Settings > Integrations > API Key.
- Click Generate API Key.
API Key is ready to be used.
You can also consult the Segment Documentation.
Congratulations, integration is now set up and you can target and use Segment traits within AB Tasty’s segment builder.
Good to Know 💡- Technical Specification
- Segment sends the traits in real-time, i.e. AB Tasty will receive data each time a.identifyor.groupcall is made.
- Segment pushes itsanonymousId. The anonymousId is retrieved from the client and used to match users.
- For the traits to be used in AB Tasty’s segment builder (once the integration is set up), we need to match at least one user i.e. empty cohorts will not be displayed in the segment builder.
Audiences are refreshed at 3 am every night, using data from the previous day
- Example: A user enters a segment at 11 pm on Day 1. They will be activated in AB Tasty at 3am on Day 2.
Once you have activated and configured an integration, you can retrieve Segment traits in the segment builder (available when you create a new segment).
Audiences or traits generated by your integrations are all to be found under the criteria group DATA INTEGRATION.
For each integration, you will have a corresponding item that you can drag and drop to use.
For global information on how to build a targeting segment, please refer to our targeting guide
Good to Know 💡- Audience Availability in the Segment Builder
For an audience to be available in the segment builder it must not be empty, meaning that we have to identify at least one user belonging to the audience.
Once a user is identified, the audience will appear in the segment builder.